After you use the Application or Package model to assemble your deployment package, complete these steps to prepare it for distribution.
Note: These instructions correspond to Configuration Manager (SCCM) 2012. For detailed information, see How to deploy packages and programmes in Configuration Manager.
- Your Configuration Manager package should be in the subfolder where you created it for deployment. Navigate to the Configuration Manager software library in this location: Software Library\Overview\Application Management\Packages\
- On the Summary tab, select a product to see the package properties at the bottom of the screen (colours correspond to content status).
- Grey. The package is not distributed.
- Green or partly green. The package is successfully distributed to all or some distribution points.
- Red or partly red. The package failed to deploy to all or some distribution points.
- Yellow or partly yellow. The package is in the process of deploying to one or more distribution points.
- Package ID. The unique Identifier that appears in the log file to indicate that the package is visible, downloaded or failed to install on the client.
- Targeted. Shows how many distribution points are targeted by the package.
- Content Status link. Takes you to the Monitoring section and shows more details about the package distribution.
- Right-click your package to open the Distribute Content wizard.
- Add the distribution points for your package. Recommendations:
- Select the distribution points nearest to the location of the user's client machines.
- Distributing to one distribution point is faster than distributing to many points.
- Use the primary site server (PS) when debugging issues with the distribution of the package. This server holds the source Configuration Manager packages.
- Click Next until the wizard finishes.